What is the Numeracy: The Basics Assessment?
It’s 30 math questions that will help you understand what you already know and what you may want to review and practice.
They’re based on our Numeracy: The Basics video series — a set of 50 videos explaining essential numeracy topics. Each of the topics has two videos: one explains the Concept and one is for Practice. Each topic comes with its own workbook.
Why Do This Assessment?
This assessment is a self-assessment for learning. It will identify the skills you are strong in and show where you have gaps. The gaps are areas where you will want to go back to the videos and workbooks to review and practice.
How To Do The Assessment:
- Read each question carefully.
- Calculate your answer on a piece of paper.
- Click on ANSWER to check your work.
- If you got the right answer, go to the next question.
- If your answer was incorrect, take a look at the solution on your screen to see where you made your mistake.
- You can review the concept for any question at any time by clicking on the VIDEO icon.
Remember: You don’t have to do this assessment all at one time and you can come back as often as you like.